Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can Tom Eliis Really Play Dr. Who?

After being absolutely gutted by the news that David Tennant is leaving the hit show Dr. Who, after only just receiving the Outstanding Drama Performance gong at the NTA's for his stellar work as Dr. Who himself, I have heard that Tom Ellis, best known as the lovely Dr. Oliver Cousins on EastEnders is rumored to take over the role.

Tom was on the show last year as NHS Dr. Tom Milligan and has already been approached by Steven Moffat, the show's new boss.

Other potentials for the role include David Morrissey, Robert Carlyle, Patterson Joseph and even John Simms of Life On Mars fame.

Not sure how I feel about this. I quite like the job David has done with the role, but I really wonder what Tom could do with the role. Is it possible he could be a good fit?

I guess we shall see.

No comments: